Re: [xml-dev] editing XML with Spreadsheets, most likely Excel

An afterthought:
I've not tried it but maybe, if you use XSLT to create XML output from
the underlying XML of the spreadsheet, prior to the transformation, a
validation step could use Schematron. I found that with the app I was
using there was no output of a message from the xsl:message but
there was implementation of the xsl:message's 'terminate' which might
be enough perhaps. On the other hand I've merely used a macro for
validation of the spreadsheet prior to transformation to the output file
and it works well enough if the macro puts a result string somewhere
where the XSLT of the transformation can pick it up as a precondition
to the transformation. It's all very cool in my opinion, one of the nicer
fruits of all the excellent XML work of so many people - many thanks All.

Stephen Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 117 9541606