RE: [xml-dev] Data versioning strategy: address semantic, relationship, and syntactic changes?

Hi Roger,

I typically collapse the relationship and syntax changes into one because they come down to the same, that is they both contribute
to determining whether an instance is in a version of a language.  I 100% agree that a versioning strategy must cover syntax,
relationships, and semantics.

The W3C Technical Architecture Group has been working on this for a long time.  We have been using the Accept and Defined Text Sets
and the Information Set (not the XML kind) conveyed by a text of the language.  The terminology section shows these terms,
relationships and more.  Our latest draft thoughts are:
- strategies on how to achieve compatible versioning in a language: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-strategies
- terminology for versioning: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning
- xml and xml schema designs for versioning: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-xml

Your thoughts and reviews are appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave