Re: [xml-dev] Using Saxon 9 as a Schematron 1.5 back end

On Jan 23, 2008, at 18:23, Dave Pawson wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> That's not what I need for Validator.nu. Every other library that I
>> use supports reporting errors with SAX locator data and, therefore,
>> I've built a front-end based on lines and columns. I control the
>> locator and I want to be able to retrieve both the line and column
>> that I carefully put in.
>
> And what happens when you start to edit an xml file that isn't
> pretty printed Henri?

Editing isn't my concern today. I just want to get back without loss
the location data that I put in.

> Mikes issues of the 'single line' XML file.

It wraps for display and the right part is highlighted:
http://html5.validator.nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fhsivonen.iki.fi%2Ftest%2Fmoz%2Fbad-vnu.xhtml&showsource=yes

> That seems to be a case of covering some percentage, just as assuming
> all editors can highlight an xpath location in a file only covers
> some percentage.

I'm only trying to get the *same* kind of reporting out of Saxon-
backed Jing Schematron implementation that I can get out of the RELAX
NG implementation or Xalan-backed Schematron implementation or custom
checkers written by me.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi