Are documents loosing the web?

Hi,

Like Norm Walsh, I do think that "HTML5 is big. Big in a lot of
different ways" [1] and it took me some time to write down my thoughts
about all that. This is done [2] and I am wondering if documents are not
in danger of loosing the web.

This is a threat for XML already in competition with JSON for Web
Services and now in competition with HTML but this is not only about
syntax (which wouldn't be a big deal) but between applications versus
documents.

What do you think? Are documents in danger of being replaced by
applications on the web?

Eric

[1] http://norman.walsh.name/2008/01/22/html5
[2] http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/2008/01/31/html-5-turns-documents-into-applications/

--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Le premier annuaire des apiculteurs 100% XML!

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=