RE: [xml-dev] Are documents loosing the web?

Le vendredi 01 février 2008 à 08:00 -0600, Len Bullard a écrit :
> Yes.  And that is a good thing.  The web designs have been avoiding the
> obvious for a decade and a half:  a document is not a good GUI and a good
> GUI doesn't wrap a document.  Putting controls inline to the text or images
> is an early hypertext design and had been discarded for better designs by
> the late 1980s.   The web resulted in an anachronism.

Sure, a document isn't a good GUI, but it doesn't have to be a good GUI
since it's a document, and not an application.

> But this will come back to 'what is a resource' and that debate goes
> straight off the cliff every time.

Yep, it boils down to deciding if resources should be documents or
applications.

Eric

--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Curious about Relax NG? Read my book online.

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=