RE: [xml-dev] The limitations of XPath and navigation- A XPath/XQuery Challenge

 > Can you or anyone reading this email duplicate my simple SQL example in XPath 2.0 or XQuery of joining two nonlinear (multi-leg) structures hierarchically together and applying a multi-leg data filtering?

I'll be very happy to tackle this if you can express the problem in XML terms. Show us the input XML and the output XML and we'll show you the query. I can't do it if I have to reverse-engineer the problem statement from a solution coded in a different and unfamiliar language, or understand what you mean by the non-XML concepts of "legs" and "nonlinear", or read an academic theory of LCA processing.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/