Re: [xml-dev] Ten Years Later - XML 1.0 Fifth Edition?

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> 4. Expand the name productions to include characters from Unicode 5,
> but still forbid undefined characters, musical symbols and the like.
> That is, follow the patterns of XML 1.0 rather than 1.1.

Why do all this work? A character is a character is a character, except
for certain well known ranges. The more we try to interpret the more
obscure characters, the more trouble we get into.

Besides, some of the musical symbols might make perfect sense as tag
names. Suppose I want to show all the occurrences of a given musical
symbol in a score, I could use that symbol as the name of an element,
and use child elements to contain each position.

Jonathan