Re: [xml-dev] Ten Years Later - XML 1.0 Fifth Edition?

Hi Joe,

On Feb 18, 2008 10:06 PM, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I think that's poorly designed XML, it's much easier to search and process if >you have consistent names such as folder and file for the elements and use attributes to >hold the name and any other information.

I agree, a better design will be, that the file system naming should
match with XML names. But in my case, that's not in my control. Some
process generates the file system hierarchy, where directory/file
names *will have* non-conforming characters for XML names. And I need
to map file system information with XML names. And, this is a
mismatch, which doesn't
suit me ...

I think Kevin's Schema will suit my need ...

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi