Re: [xml-dev] Ten Years Later - XML 1.0 Fifth Edition?

Liam Quin a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:28:39PM +0100, Philippe Poulard wrote:
>> what about referring character entities by their Unicode names instead
>> of their domain-specific names ? it's the same but less antique and more
>> universal
>> something like this :
>> instead of
>> ∡
> It's not very internationalized.

Yet entities are used that way : not internationalized.

> This would only be OK if it was available in every language, it
> seems to me.

The names of characters in the Unicode repertoire are in english ; if
each name has to be translated in each language we would get a large
matrix, some people already complain about the idea of dealing with a
single key...

I don't know how to say "MEASURED ANGLE" in Cherokee :)

              (. .)
|      Philippe Poulard       |
        Have the RefleX !