Re: [xml-dev] ten years later, time to repeat it?

Len Bullard a écrit :
> So are we at some bifurcation point where the needs of messages on the wire
> and the needs of document publishing are actually perceived as incompatible
> and in need of separate standards?  Or are we at the point where we
> understand that document publishing is combinatoric (separate standards used
> in combination) and that messaging-on-the-wire is not document publishing?

It is historical : if the entity machinery didn't exist but the xinclude
one would have been clearly announced as the mean to compose documents,
document publishing systems would rely on xinclude and as it doesn't act
at the parsing level, would have been ignored by systems sensible to
security issues.

--
Cordialement,

               ///