Re: [xml-dev] RESTful operations on document fragments

that sounds somewhat unrestful. I would think basically the theory
should be that if something is important enough to have a RESTful
operation done on it, then it is not a fragment of a resource, but a
resource in its own right that must be included, linked to, or
otherwise referenced by other resources.

Just a feeling though.

I guess what I'm saying is that making an Update url (putting what
should be a verb into an address) and then processing fragments on
other resources by whatever the rules of your Update resource are,
feels to me like the same kind of problem that one sees in markup when
someone has made something an attribute that should have been an
element, and then they want to do element like operations on it.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen