RE: [xml-dev] Nested Documents (was: XML 2.0)

In a world where XML allows multiple roots, I’m curious whether each root would potentially allow a different encoding?  Would multiple prologs be allowed?

We're talking here about multiple elements underneath a single document node, not about multiple XML documents held in a single file. (Multiple documents in a single file requires no change to the specification, since the word "file" is not mentioned except by way of examples in the XML rec: a parser starts with a sequence of octets, and where it gets them from is outside the scope of the spec.)

Michael Kay

http://www.saxonica.com/