Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] Fast XML Pull Parser 0.3 released

Hello John,

Interesting new project ! A few remarks :

> * Faxpp is the only XML pull parser available for C/C++.

libxml2 also support a pull mode (see
http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlreader.html and

> * Faxpp attempts to avoid string copies by pointing back to the parse
> buffer wherever possible. This results in performance better than even
> Expat under some benchmarks.

> * Faxpp can easily return strings in any user provided encoding.

Interesting approach. So I guess that the end to end performance depends
on wether the returned strings and the source document encoding are the
same or not ?

Fabrice Desré
France Télécom R&D/MAPS/AMS
Tél: +(33) (0)2 96 05 31 43