[OT] Re: [xml-dev] XML and JSON together

Hi Robert,

Robert Koberg wrote:
> The idea is to use JSON to extend legacy XML instance documents while
> maintaining original validity. For example, I have some hibernate
> mapping documents that use the well defined DTD. I want to extend the
> XML syntax to allow for other concerns in the mapping document which
> will be used to generate out to multiple concerns.

Interesting. We've also used Hibernate's <meta> elements to provide
metadata [1] for JSP UIs generation in md4j [2], along with DAOs, EJBs,
Struts etc. Worth looking into, although we will probably look at
freemarker templates for future versions - those can be consumed by
Hibernate tools directly.

[1] http://dev.abiss.gr/md4j/metadata-reference.html
[2] http://dev.abiss.gr/md4j/

Cheers,