Re: [xml-dev] Data Dictionary for XML Schema?

A follow up to my initial April 3 2008 question:

'Is there a standards compliant way of 'wrapping' a W3C XML Schema with
a Data Dictionary type view (perhaps using XSLT or XQuery) so that it
can be queried using simpler XPath expressions?'

I've subsequently found this question closely followed the publication
of a new W3C Working Draft dated 28 March 2008:

Basic XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Version 1.0 at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xmlschema-patterns-20080328/

The approach here is to use a number of XPath 2.0 expressions that
define patterns (each identified by a URI) to be used in conforming
XML Schema 1.0 Documents.

The main purpose of this is to assist in the development of XML data
binding tools, such as those used for WSDL. This would allow such
tools to work more effectively with XML Schema 1.0 documents
conforming to these patterns.

I've only had a quick look at the documentation, so please correct me
if my interpretation is out.

Thanks

Phil Fearon
http://www.sketchpath.com