Re: [xml-dev] Best way to create an XML document

On 12/04/2008, Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:

>  On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 19:20 +0100, Andrew Welch wrote:
>  > It would be really nice if you could just annotate a pojo and persist
>  > that to XML, ala JPA...
>

> You probably know this, but there is:
>
>  http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/bind/annotation/XmlElement.html

thanks for the pointer - I haven't looked at JAXB for a while...

I was looking for the "top down" approach where you annotate a class
it just creates the XML for you, as opposed to the "bottom up"
approach where you supply the schema and it autogenerates the classes.

Ideally you should be able to just annotate a class with something
like @XMLEntity, pass it to the entity manager's save() method and
have it create the XML for you - just like JPA  :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com