parsing xml to a tree with help of scheme

Hello All,

I have written a simple xsd file which defines how my custom xml looks like.  The aim is,
with the help of libxml libraries to parse the xml to a tree. Now if i run my code on the xsd
file, i get a:

jsbach@orgel[~parse_perf]:./parserx table.xsd table.xml
Schemas parser error : The XML document 'table.xsd' is not a schema document.

So the error is clear. Sth is wrong with the xsd. But i have written my xsd after having read
 tutorial from w3c site and i have checked many times where the error can be, but cant
find it... Here it is:

- table.xsd-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/20001/XMLSchema";
    targetNameSpace="file:///home/jsbach/code/parse_perf"
    elementFormDefault="qualified">
    <xsd:element name="table">
        <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element name="location" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element name="legs" type="xsd:integer" />
        </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

and the table.xml is:<?xml version="1.0"?>

                         xmlns:xsi="http://w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
                         xsi:schemaLocation="file:///home/jsbach/code/parse_perf">
    <name>t_oak</name>
    <location> dining room </location>
    <legs>6</legs>

Can someone point the error out? I simply can't see it... (I've also checked with
xmllint.. the same error).

Thanx in advance.