RE: [xml-dev] NVDL: A Disruptive Technology

Hold the phone here ... NVDL is not just for the
situation where one finds the semantics available
in one schema language preferable over that of
the other and they feel obliged to use both.

Rather than writing an über-schema covering all
of the possibilities found in a single instance
one can use NVDL to choreograph the dispatching
of portions of one's document to different
schemas using the same schema language for each vocabulary.

I wouldn't want NVDL judged only on its merits of
allowing multiple different languages to be used
at the same time.  Then it becomes a "mine is
better than yours" argument on the languages
ignoring what I think is the prime motivation for
NVDL:  dispatching ... hence the name!

I hope this helps.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc