RE: [xml-dev] NVDL: A Disruptive Technology

> I know multiple "programming" languages.  Each have their niche.
>
> Similarly, each of the "schema" languages - XML Schema, Relax
> NG, DTD, Schematron - have their niche.
>
> That said, "learning multiple schema languages" is a red
> herring.  The fact is, people do use different schema
> languages, for whatever reason.

All I'm saying is, don't make a virtue out of it. The world would be a
better place if everyone used the same XML validation language, assuming
that language met all the requirements (and there's no intrinsic reason why
one language shouldn't meet all the requirements). Having multiple languages
coexisting just adds cost and complexity, just as mixing programming
languages in an application adds cost and complexity. No-one wants to do it
if they can avoid it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/