Re: [xml-dev] NVDL: A Disruptive Technology

Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Of course, these are the same people we recruited for XML by telling
> them that it's all very simple, showing them how concrete it is,
> explaining how reading the documents gives you such a good understanding
> of what's going on. And when we do this, a lot of people conclude that
> XML is just too hard, that there are 5,184 new technologies you have to
> master in order to "really" use XML, and that some of these technologies
> are still being developed.

How long did it take developers to "really" use relational databases?

Is ten years enough?

(I know Fabian Pascal will pop up somewhere to explain that we still
don't "really" use relational databases properly.)

XML has a simple part that's easily seen on the surface.  It also has
infinite complexity below the surface - complexity that comes from the
tasks to which it's applied.

Thanks,
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/