Re: [xml-dev] Ten years after: what are the top 5 ?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Ken North <kennorth@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> So what are the five most important XML vocabularies (those having the most
> influence on the way we compute today)?

To some of us the most important (or interesting) XML vocabularies are
those that will influence the way we compute tomorrow, not today. So
I'm cheating on the question a bit here and using this modified
interpreation of 'important':

I would put forward XAML as a strong contender. (I haven't used its
potential Java counterpart XUI yet). Having full access to an object
framework through both XML and 'traditional' code presents enormous
potential that goes beyond GUI design in the Windows Presentation
Framework (WPF) - XAML is also part of the Windows Workflow Foundation

Phil Fearon
http://www.sketchpath.com