Re: [xml-dev] reasons why an XML instance must be validated witha XML schema

ilango wrote:
> If so, why should we use XML schema to validate XML?
>
> So this is the question I am trying to answer for myself and for my team
> here.

Perhaps it's my English, but contrary to the list this sounds to me like
"why should should I use XSD to validate my XML instead of something
else?" question.

If that is the case, the answer can range from "no reason whatsoever" or
"because the plumbing is already there" to "because I like it". You
don't provide much info so I can't really tell. Are your
tools/frameworks/team dependent/aware of XSD or are you free to choose
an alternative? How would that fit in there?

Cheers,

Manos