Re: [xml-dev] Use xsd to specify multiple instances of existing element

Morning Pete/all,
the type of XML instance I'd like to specify would be

  <category scheme='http://dig.com/privacy' term='private'/>    <!--
term values could be open/private -->
  <category scheme='http://dig.com/fishingType' term='coarse'/>
<!-- term values could be coarse/open -->
   <summary>Some descriptive text in here</summary>

I have a parent schema that declares the category element, and
specifies the presence of the scheme & term attributes, but in my
schema I'm trying to mandate the present of two category elements,
once for each of my scheme types (since I want to define the privacy
and fishingType for this entry element).

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Pete Cordell <petexmldev@codalogic.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want.  Do you want an XML schema
> something like:
> <xs:sequence>
>   <xs:element name='Category' type='privacy'/>
>   <xs:element name='Category' type='fishingType'/>
> </xs:sequence>
> (which would be illegal I afraid)
> If not, maybe you could show us a few example XML instances.
> Thanks,
> Pete Cordell
> Codalogic Ltd
> Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
> data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
> Visit http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/ for more info
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Mayo" <ianmayo@tesco.net>

Ian Mayo
PlanetMayo Ltd