Re: [xml-dev] RE: [Summary #2] Should Subject Matter Experts Determine XML Data Implementations?

I think Chin Chee-Kai's point is well taken as well, though it could be that what is designed here is a template for building interfaces (which again leads into the supposition that what you are talking about is essentially a second order schema - a schema used to define another schema). Not that I think it changes my original assertion, which I would modify slightly as to say a given schema should be an assertion of state, not process. The desire of the business expert involved placing a constraint upon the data model, but the question is whether this constraint is one that should have an obvious implication on the state of the model itself or is in fact part of a processing model that extends beyond the state model.