Re: [xml-dev] Transformation of RelaxNG syntax into presentationof required markup

Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> ISO DSRL allows renaming of element names and attributes (and
> enumerations) to allow localized versions of XML documents.  I don't
> see how China's UOF could become an international standard (which is
> being suggested) without that.
DSRL is nothing but unique renaming, which is a bijective map.  It's
good that it is narrowly focused (on schemas), but unfortunately I think
the role it seeks to perform could also be done at XML level, at which
level the circle of users it could benefit would be larger.  Perhaps
down the line someone somewhere might come up with yet another standard
for  XML renaming.

Also, since you switch gear to UOF, why not UOF?  Isn't that too
presumptuous to  rule it out based on just an observation alone?

regards,
Chin Chee-Kai