Re: [xml-dev] Michael Kay on application processing

I agree with many of the points which Mike mentions.

I think, we cannot do (or should not do) all programming with XML
based languages (this is my instinctive feeling, and my below
statements are a bit different).

I recently read quite a bit of Grady Booch's book, "Object-Oriented
Analysis and Design with Applications", where he says, object oriented
programming paradigm is really useful to model complex concepts.

I think we recently had some discussion on this list about what I
said, that most of the concepts in this world are related
hierarchically, and object oriented paradigm is well suited to program
this way. Grady also says this in his above book.

But agreeing with Mike also (about his philosophy of XML only
programming), we could model complex and hierarchical concepts with
XML Schemas. We then produce and consume data (stored as XML)
corresponding to the XML Schemas. The language that does manipulation
of data could be XSLT, XQuery etc.

So I would agree with Mike on lot of points.