Revisiting XML Profile

Hi Folks,

I'm returning to this list after a long absence because I'm working
on a Profile of an existing Standard specification, and I'm looking
for the best, most accurate and usable definition for a Profile that
fits this purpose.

It's been a couple/few years since I dropped off this list due to
email overload, but this is a practical use case where finding a
workable consensus might be very helpful. I don't want to go into the
details at this point because I'd rather see the general case before
I decide if I really want to ask to include a specific definition for
the purposes of the spec we're writing.

My research to this point has not turned up such a terminology
definition in existing profile specs, so before I suggest it is
needed, where others have not tackled their own definitions, I also
need to understand why it would preferable. Otherwise, we'll probably
follow suit and duck the task.

Thanks,
Rex
--