RE: [xml-dev] XML representation of SQL queries?

what about XQuery  : http://www.w3schools.com/xquery/default.asp ?
I never used any part of that, but I thought that was ok.

yes, it's OK (!), but it's not a way of representing SQL queries in XML.
There is an XML representation of XQuery queries, see http://www.w3.org/TR/xqueryx/, and its complexity gives you a hint at how complex a similar fine-grained representation of the much larger SQL grammar would be.
Michael Kay

Richard Tobin wrote