Re: [xml-dev] Difference between "normalize" and "canonicalize"?

> Personally, I see "normalization" as changing the information into
> something that is common, while "canonicalization" is representing
> something in a common way without changing it.

I don't think that works.  XML Canonicalization, for example, normalizes
whitespace and line endings.

English has both big and large and seems to do okay.

Visiting Member, IBM Academy
STSM, DataPower Chief Programmer
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances