[Ann] SketchPath Tool - Now available as Word2007 Addin

Those interested in how well Microsoft Word 2007 might serve as an XPath IDE may like to look at a new spin-off from the SketchPath project.

I'm calling the product 'DocPath'. This is basically SketchPath, but as a Word addin. Half of it (the tree outline and xsd-type/node viewer) is integrated inside the Word 2007 window and the other half, the expression editor/results pane, as a second window.

I realize this is a niche product and it does require a high spec workstation and benefits also from 2 monitors, but I hope some of you may find it useful.

You will of course need your own copy of Word 2007 and this product also requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (all dependencies will be auto-downloaded/installed if required).

DocPath's main features are:

Saxon XPath 2.0 Evaluator + Trace Debugger
Regular Expression Evaluator
XSD Validation
Large XML source files sizes (up to 20MB but 4MB is a more realistic limit)
Supports Zip Compressed XML Packages
Provides all the Word 2007 viewing/printing flexibility

The DocPath download page is at:
http://pgfearo.googlepages.com/downloads2

An enhaved version of the standalone .Net 2.0 based SketchPath product is due soon also.

DocPath and SketchPath continue to be free products.

Thanks

Phil Fearon
http://www.sketchpath.com