Re: [xml-dev] Formatting using DTD

As Christoper described, a DTD defines the legal boundaries of an XML
file - that means it defines what XML elements can be used and in what
context, how the text content of the element should be handled, what
attributes an element supports & their own boundies as well as defining
what XML entities can be used.

If you are editing XML as a noob, I'd recommend jEdit with the XML
plugin.

See here for an example DTD:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Strict

David / http://semlabs.co.uk/