RE: [xml-dev] Formatting using DTD

>> Graeme wrote:
>> Does anyone know how certain formatting can be forced onto an XML file via
>> a DTD file?
> Chris wrote:
> It can't. A DTD describes the legal syntax for XML documents of a given
> type; it has nothing whatsoever to do with formatting.

> Ken Wrote:
> If I understand what you are asking for, this isn't true ... such indentation
> would be a feature of the editing tool, not a property of the document model.

What you and others have said is exactly what I have been lead to belive. It is when people with more experiance question your teachings that force you to double check your current understanding. I will get back to the person who suggested this idea and ask them to elaborate so I can get a better understanding.
> Ken wrote:
> By formatting, do you mean indentation?
Yes I mean indentation.
> Ken wrote:
> Do you mean a generic XML editor, or some custom GUI that is capturing your input into a particular vocabulary?

> It sounds like the particular tool you are using - which you did not name
> - may have settings for line wrapping by element type, which they might
> have described as "on a DTD basis" or something like that.
> ~Chris

I am currently using the trial version of XMetal 5.5 which I dont think has the functionality you suggested.
If it's not outside the scope of the mailing list, could I ask what peoples views are on this software? Dont worry Liz I hope to look at Altova soon.
All your Twitter and other social updates in one place