RE: [xml-dev] New to list, question about cross doc references in xpath

Well, a cross-document reference in XPath might look like this:

ref="doc('other.xml')/id('toc')"

But whether that's useful to you, I don't know. It's not XPointer - but it's
probably a lot more useful than XPointer.

If I wanted to do this I would probably do:

ref="other.xml#toc"

which isn't XPath.

It all depends on how you want to use the reference.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/