Java 1.6 XMLStreamWriter and output indentation

Is it possible to get output indentation using the XMLStreamWriter
inbuilt into JDK 1.6?

I can't see it anywhere...

Also, which API do people recommend for the serialising pojos to XML -
ideally one which can create element names from QNames, eg:

QName foo = new QName("fooNamespace", "foo", "fooPrefix");

instead of what I have to do at the moment:

writeStartElement(foo.getPrefix(), foo.getNamespace(), foo.getLocalPart());

...which is a pain.

I did want to stick with the JDK, but it's looking likely that I'll
switch to XOM or similar.  Are there any others that are recommended?

Andrew Welch
Kernow: http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/