Re: [xml-dev] What is declarative XML? (And what's not)

I usually don't top post, but this is a general comment -- not
responding to anyone in particular.

It depends who/what is using the XML. Is an XSL document declarative
or passive? What is XSL to an something like oXygen XML editor when a
user is editing that XSL? What is an XSL doc that you transform it to
another XSL doc?

What is this document:

   <youtube ref="some-youtube-id"/>

which, when transformed according to some set of rules, becomes
javascript to trigger a video to display on a page or ask you to get
at least a certain version of Flash and displays a GIF.

Is an Atom/RSS document declarative or passive?

-Rob