RE: [xml-dev] XML support in browsers?

> You asked for guidance, seeming interested in what these
> strange seemingly exclusionary people might have in common.
> When presented with a summary created by a diverse community
> deciding what its center might be, you dismiss it as a mere
> list of technologies.

I don't think so. You used the term "Web community" and claimed that the web
community used certain technologies. I wondered what you meant by "web
community", since I find it hard to imagine any developer who isn't
concerned with developing web applications and wouldn't regard themselves as
part of the web community. And you then defined the web community (almost)
as the set of people who use those particular technologies. So I don't think
you've told us anything useful.

> Might I suggest you spend more time at Web-centered
> conferences, on mailing lists, and such?  They're not hard to find.

The web is the universe: "web-centred" to me sounds a bit like
"universe-centred". I think we have to focus on particular areas within that
vast space. Perhaps you mean "browser-centred"? But the browser is at the
edge of the web, not at the centre.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/