Re: [xml-dev] Patent on streaming evaluation of XPath

On Jun 18, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Christian Nentwich wrote:

> Pretty cheeky. The first time we did something like that was around
> 2001, when a student implemented it for me.

I know of prior art on that going back to probably 1995... not exactly
XPath, but certainly streaming transformations of XML in a server/
database environment using something very muck akin to XPath (ie. with
simple syntax transforms, it would be XPath). There is probably even
older prior art if you go back to streaming ESIS transformations that
everyone used to do back in the day...