interesting: xmlvm

Hi,

This looks interesting:

http://www.xmlvm.org/overview/

"Overview

The goal of XMLVM is to offer a flexible and extensible cross-compiler
toolchain. Instead of cross-compiling on a source code level, XMLVM
cross-compiles byte code instructions from Sun Microsystem's virtual
machine and Microsoft's Common Language Runtime. The benefit of this
approach is that byte code instructions are easier to cross-compile
and the difficult parsing of a high-level programming language is left
to a regular compiler. In XMLVM, byte code-based programs are
represented as XML documents. This allows manipulation and translation
of XMLVM-based programs using advanced XML technologies such as XSLT,
XQuery, and XPath."

Anybody played around with this? Opinions :)

best,
-Rob

p.s. apologies if you received a bounce from me. Moved back to SF and
had issues with altering my mail settings.