Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2 Working Group won't be renewed?

2009/7/9 Michael Ludwig <mlu@as-guides.com>:
> Andrew Welch schrieb:
>
>> Two things that stand out for me to make them simpler:
>>
>> - dont allow changing the default namespace (so no xmlns="").  An
>> unprefixed element is always in no namespace.
>
> So no HTML, where the DTD supplies the xmlns attribute (the namespace
> declaration)? That wouldn't be so cool. Putting the xmlns in the DTD
> is a very good way of keeping the markup clean.

Heh, I think that is one of the worst things you can do...

Defaulting anything in the DTD is bad idea (imho) but defaulting xmlns
is the pinnacle of annoyance!  The markup isn't "clean", it's not
complete for anyone looking at it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com