Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2 Working Group won't be renewed?

SGML has (note: HAS not HAD; SGML may be unfashionable but it is
still in use) a mechanism to designate characters other than the
default < and > as delimiters. However, this feature is rarely used,
and when used is rarely anything other than a stupid markup trick. In
my opinion, there are several valuable features of SGML that are not
in XML. This is not one of them.

-- Tommie