Re: [xml-dev] XML processor behavior with unused NS declarations

Chuck Bearden wrote:
> The underlying concern was for the robustness of RDFa, and I was
> responding to a question from my project manager.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Yes, RDFa is definitely not alone in this
regard. XSLT and W3C XML Schemas both use QNames in content (or
attribute values). And new specifications often use them; my most recent
encounter with them was in implementing Inline XBRL, which uses them
pervasively.

To quote the TAG:
"Whatever the architectural ramifications of using QNames as identifiers
in contexts other than XML element and attribute names, it is already
established practice. It is simply not practical to suggest that this
usage should be forbidden on architectural grounds."[1]

Evan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids#sec-archobs