Re: [xml-dev] Wikipedia on XML

On Jul 28, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Tim Bray wrote:

> I stumbled into Wikipedia's XML entry today and it's terrible.
> Sprawling, badly-organized, full of inessentials including some
> nonsense.
>
> I'm going to invest a few hours part-time in coming weeks in trying
> to make it smaller and cleaner.

OK, my first rough-cut pass is done.  I think that most of the junk
that was there but shouldn't have been has been removed, and most of
the things that were absent but needed have been added.  The article
is shorter!  There are now a large number of opportunities to re-
organize, improve the exposition, add references, and remove typos and
thinkos.

Kudos to Ken Sall who's made one excellent suggestion (but not acted
on it yet).

Now would be a good time for some collective input from real experts.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:XML#Rewriting

  -T