Re: [xml-dev] Pragmatic namespaces

Original Message From: "Tim Bray"

>> On Aug 4, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Tim Bray wrote:

> If I wanted to publish a little XML vocabulary for donkey genetics,  all
> the elements would have names like  <org.tbray.donkeys.father> and
> <org.tbray.donkeys.birth-date> and so on.  And if this were being used  by
> IETF when we did atom, the tags would be like <org.ietf.atom.feed>  and
> <org.ietf.atom.entry>.  That's all.  Distributed extensibility,  and you
> can mix & match without asking anyone. -T

Non-reversed still works better for me, i.e.:

<father.donkeys.tbray.org>
<birth-date.donkeys.tbray.org>
<feed.atom.ietf.org>
<entry.atom.ietf.org>

It's easier to read, code completion tools will work better and
non-programmers will understand it more readily.

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info