Re: [xml-dev] Pragmatic namespaces

Original Message From: "Liam Quin"

> Donkeys can't type very fast... I can see there there might be pushback
> for this proposal on the grounds that it's considerably more verbose
> than most other current proposals, with the exception of the {...}
> syntax...

See my proposal from yesterday that allowed partial namespaces
(http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200908/msg00033.html ).

> also, it can't easily be made compatible with
> things like ch.cern.html (later org.ietf.html, and then org.w3.html,
> of course, and also ch.iso.html...)

If you make the namespace more obviously separable from the local name, (for
example, by using a : rather than another .), then the XML parser can be
informed as a local implementation that namespace org.ietf.html is an alias
of namespace org.w3.html (or better still, namespace html.ietf.org is an
alias of namespace html.w3.org).  So when the parser encounters

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info