From: Trehan.Pankaj [mailto:Pankaj.Trehan@IGT.com]
Sent: 23 August 2009 02:38
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] UTF-8 encoding problem for euro symbol

Hi All,

We are facing problem encoding euro (€) symbol in XML body.

We are using UTF-8 encoding and not sure what might be wrong.

Here is the flow of our program:

1)      C++ string is getting formatted with different currency symbols.

2)      Above string is getting passed to XML parser.

During XML encoding we are getting the error.

I see hex value of “0x80” in the string for the euro symbol instead of “0xC2 80”.  Is this the problem? What can we do to correct it?

I will really appreciate if someone can help us in this or give us pointers.

We are seeing this problem on XP.

Regards

Pankaj Trehan
International Game Technology