RE: [xml-dev] XPointer is dead. What about XLink?

I've subscribed to this list for a number of years and I've only been a
"lurker" with the hope that I might learn a thing or two.  Most of what is
discussed here is either out of scope of what I do or over my head so I've
never commented in the past.

But XBRL is what I do for a living as well as my mission in life, so I have
a lot of interest in this group's perspective relative to Xlink and how it
has been implemented in XBRL.

I've learned and used XBRL as a subject matter expert (financial reporting)
and along the way have gained a better appreciation for its technical
underpinnings but in no way would I consider myself an xml expert.

So with that out of way, I'd be very interested in hearing your perspective
or learning what you would have done different with XBRL relative to its
structure and specifically Xlink, which is fundamental to its architecture.

For some examples, you can view the base us-gaap taxonomy from here -
http://yeti1.corefiling.com/yeti/resources/yeti-gwt/Yeti.jsp#tax~(id~52*v~76
)!net~(a~779*l~239)!lang~(code~en-us)!rg~(rg~7*p~3)
And recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission here -
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/usgaap.rss.xml

Louis Matherne