Re: [xml-dev] Processing instruction to designate a schema as subset of another?

Many thanks Liam; exactly answers my question.

Apologies about my example using 'xml' in the PI.
Maybe It should be something like

<?schema-subset superset-loc="http://..."; superset-ns="http://..."; type="lax"?>

or maybe the name of the PI depends who owns the
PI spec. Is there a convention for this? Is a PI name
a bit like a namespace, conveying provenance, etc?
e.g. would some SDO like OASIS need to provide a
reserved word of their own, like with a URN?

Guessing it is unlikely this requirement would get into
XML Schema, I had figured something independent
of  the schema would be the most I could hope for,
besides which it might be good to keep it independent of
schema language anyway. I'm not keen on defining a
PI with RDF or a topic map but is this best practice?
Anyway, not much hope I could get any traction on this
as an individual so it would be up to the more powerful,
like ISO DSDL folk, to define something, I suppose.
I'm not sure anyone would start an OASIS TC just for
such a small spec as this would entail. Interesting
thought though :-)

Best regards and thanks again

Steve

---