Re: [xml-dev] Processing instruction to designate a schema as subset of another?

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 07:33:48AM +0100, Stephen Green wrote:
> Well 'standalone' is part of the XML declaration; I was thinking of
> a processing instruction (relevant only to a schema) like:-
>
> <?xml-subset superset-loc="http://..."; superset-ns="http://..."; type="strict"?>

If you are requesting a change to XSD (W3C XML Schema), you
should send the change request to the W3C XML Schema Working Group -
the Status section at the start of each XSD 1.1 draft will tel
you how to do that.

Note that processing instruction targets starting with "xml" are
reserved for use by the W3C XM Core Working Group.

If you want something independent of Schema language, you should
probably consider some external document, e.g. a topic map or rdf
fragment, asserting the relationships between them.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/