RE: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM

> > There is no standard or even 'community accepted' way of
> serializing XDM

> What is wrong with JSON for this?

Nearly everything, starting with the fact that the target user community is
likely to want something that can be manipulated using XML tools.

In fact, what is right with JSON for this?

> The XPath2 data model is a system for *converting* XML into
> programming language types, or for operating on a kind of XSD
> PSVI.

That's not how I would define it (and it's not how the spec defines it). In
fact, I don't really see where conversion into "programming language types"
comes into it at all.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/