Re: [xml-dev] XSL-FO 2.0 "Design Notes" published

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 12:29:09PM +1000, rjelliffe@allette.com.au wrote:
[...]
> So definitely +1 for feathering, at least of paras and para lines. I don't
> know that I like the idea of "justify-by-modding" though: it seems to have
> a notion of a process that can sits post-pagination and fiddles with
> values. Is that specifying a method?

A method - no, not really. We're not yet certain the "justify-by-modifying"
approach will fly for everything we want, but, there's an implementaiton,
which counts for a lot.

I don't think it can be entirely post-pagination, because of
things like column balancing and regions that can grow and
move, but we haven't written those up in the draft yet.

Thanks for looking, and taking the time to comment!
Good luck, too, with the medical text.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/